Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Have I Been Reading Lately?

Since I finished up my last reading project I have been reading primarily three things. First, short stories since I now have about a dozen short story collections where I've only read about half the stories in them. Second, novels that I purchased in omnibuses with ones that won awards. I finished off The Book of the New Sun (the second half wasn't as good as the first half but it was far from terrible), for example. Third, and most broadly, I've been catching up on my comic books. Not new comics, mind you, but things like:


With my energies and money focused elsewhere for a while I haven't dug into comic series that I had been intending to read for a long time but haven't. I read some of the First Comics (that's the defunct publisher, not the premier) Lone Wolf and Cub issues but never got around to reading the whole thing so I've been getting volumes of it. Though this will be the third time around on some volumes I've gotten current with the Absolute Sandman releases and I've been rereading that.

However, I have acquired the first book for the World Fantasy Awards winners so I'll be back to award winners sooner than I thought. I may take the reviews slower this time but they will come eventually.