Monday, October 8, 2007

The Obligatory Introduction and Why I'm Doing This

I am a colossal nerd who's attention has touched on just about every single nerdy topic imaginable. My comic book collection is sitting below a rather hefty board game collection which is a few feet away from my computer game collection which is next to my game miniatures which are intermingled with an assortment of action figures some of which are over a refrigerator's worth of DVD's that are beside a hefty set of science fiction and fantasy novels across from a case of role-playing games that are near to a set of nearly a dozen video game consoles. Obviously I'm a collector of many things so this blog is going to be a bit eclectic.

At the moment I'm approaching the end of one of my major nerdy projects: collecting and reading every single Hugo award winning science fiction novel. I have been reading them in the order that they won and it has occurred to me that I have quite a bit to say about these winners but no one to really say them to. A century ago someone who had a lot to say but no one to say it to was limited to shouting from street corners but thanks to technological advances we now possess blogs to fill this cultural niche.

Initially my plan is to review these books and see where this takes me. At the very least I'll get the need to shout from the street corner out of my system.